Saturday 2 January 2016

Portrait Commission

This little fella was one of the portraits I was commissioned to paint for Christmas. I love portraits and usually use pastels but I used my oils this year and had so much fun!
I do find the Christmas deadline very stressful, every year I tell myself, this year will be different.....but it never works out that way!
The little boy came to see me with his Granny and I took a lot of photos! I also had the opportunity to gain an insight into his personality. I was commissioned to paint his cousin too. These boys are the same age but couldn't look or act more different!
Usually with childrens' portraits, I am working from the client's photos. I found with me taking the photos, meeting the little ones, I learnt so much more and it all helped me when I was painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment