Saturday 1 September 2012

Pink Lace Cap Hydrangea oil painting on board



This little 8" square oil on board is my second Hydrangea painting. I enjoyed every aspect of the "doing" of this work and I LOVE the challenge of painting glass to look like glass!
I have a huge lace cap bush in my garden, it is taking over!The stems are in a tinted glass tumbler I bought from a local charity shop. I have been on the lookout for more coloured glass items but nothing so far.
I have sent this piece to the Dumfries Fine Art Summer Exhibition, hoping it will please the jurors enough to get in.
I also sent along a large figurative piece, which I love, unframed. It was rejected as unframed canvases can only be considered if they are BOX canvases! I feel so stupid for not reading the rules and regs!! Lesson learnt!!

My painting "Purple Hydrangea" sold the other day!!! Every piece I show on my posts, is for sale, unless stated otherwise.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for explaining the tinted glass it's so pretty and I couldn't figure out if the light was catching the flowers in a way that made it that color. It must be wonderful to live with such a pretty plant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors and great flowers to live with.



    Stefano
    http://www.broworkshop.com/sketching/

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful paintings, nice, bold colours and shapes. I do love your cherry series too. very yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the Dumfries show. It's a really good painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful work. Love the lights and shadows. Beautiful work on the glass. You definitely got it right. All of it just glows. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautifully done , the flowers are lovely , the background is full of texture and interest, but that glass is really nicely handled. Some lovely dark darks too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Evie for your kind comments

    ReplyDelete