Monday 6 January 2014

Day Six - Go On You Blues!!

After feeling yesterday that I was done with still life.......I so enjoyed this one! I was reminded how much I love painting glass. The darker glass, I have had since I was 17 years old. The minister of our church brought me the jar back full of sweets, after I did some admin work for him. He was taking the youth group to Germany, part of an exchange visit with German teenagers. I was one of the ones who couldn't afford to go. Some years later he married B and I on a sunny day at the end of July.
6"x6" Oil on board, incl UK postage £110
The milky blue glass was one of my charity shop bargains, just a few months ago.
I really threw the paint at this one, mixing all my different blues beforehand. Great fun.

15 comments:

  1. Love your glass. It just sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Pam, and thank you for taking the time to look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice capture on the glass Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy, I am going to beg borrow or steal some more glass to get me through the 30 days, I think!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra, I really enjoyed mixing them, seeing the very slight variants on the palette

      Delete
  5. Your work is gorgeous. Soft and rich color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sally, and thank you too for coming to my blog, never two days the same but hope day 7 will be as enjoyable!

      Delete
  6. Those blues… I can't take my eyes off of them… Really great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine, I am thinking of trying some more "colour" themed pieces, I enjoyed this one!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful study! i love the strong shapes and rich colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Suzanne, I wish every day's painting could be so successful! I labour most days!

      Delete
  8. This is my favourite so far! Lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Sadie, it is great when I have the subject matter right at hand!!

    ReplyDelete