Sunday 30 September 2012

Sweet Pea Painting

I feel I have been neglecting my blog of late - so much going on, classes, painting and life drawing as well as my other jobs!

This is my latest new small painting, I loved the entire process, creating this  little oil - Tina one of my students brought along the last of her sweet peas. I plonked them in the little vase just as they were, no arranging. The vase was a charity shop find - 30pence! 
I am taking part in the Xmas Vintage Fair in Castle Douglas on the 3rd November. I will have a stand of my small paintings. Sweet Peas, will be for sale at £85, including a wide solid wood frame, painted in one of Farrow and Ball's gorgeous muted shades. 
I hope to find a 1950s outfit I can wear on the day - so anyone out there got a vintage 1950s dress or skirt? Size 12 - though the sizes will be all different, I'm sure!

13 comments:

  1. How can you be sure something came from a certain time period I wonder? Besides the styling I suppose. It sounds like a fun fair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is outstanding! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Sweet Pea is wonderful, so delicate in line and colour. I would buy it. There are so many vintage stores about these days I am sure you would find something authentic, maybe you could google search.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific painting. I can almost smell the sweet peas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the life sketches, the watercolors, all of it charming. Makes me almost want to hunt down my own set of paints and brushes...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank so much! Please do! Get hunting!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly have a wonderful way with flowers Margaret! Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan, I love this little painting and have painted sweet peas many times since but this one will always be my favourite. It lives quite near me so could pop along and see it for inspiration! Roll along summer!

      Delete
  8. Hypnotic? I so enjoy looking at them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine, hopefully I will get the opportunity to paint some more this summer!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. One of my favourites too, I haven't managed to paint sweet peas like that since! It was one of those ones that painted itself!

      Delete