Sunday 10 June 2012

Life Drawing

Yesterday was spent life drawing for 6 hours! Exhausting but exhilerating! This was the first all day workshop I'd organised. Since March 2011 I've ran 2 evenings a week, in blocks of 6-8 weeks. No tutoring, the artist just get stuck in! We have a great band of models - we are really lucky in this little rural part of South Scotland
I tried producing larger pieces of work yesterday but found it really difficult - I am too used to my sketchbook and water soluble pens!


The top sketch was done yesterday in 2 minutes, the middle is from our last evening session in May, a 20 mins pose. The bottom sketch took 30 mins

5 comments:

  1. Your figure drawing is so inspiring. I really like the longer pose. Welcome to EDM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog! These are really good, which pens do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you posted your blog URL on the EDM Message Board and I found your life drawings. I am getting a blog post together this morning from two sessions this week - a rare occurrence for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your artwork is great, I especially love the water soluble figures - it's a pleasant change from the typical charcoal/pencil life drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic work! And what excellent models you have, i particularly like the look of that top one. :)

    ReplyDelete