Friday 24 July 2015

Lemon and Lime

Another painting sold at the Whitehouse Gallery, Kirkcudbright, summer exhibition. This was a new colour combination for me, the blue glass making its first appearance in a painting.
I've just completed a commissioned still life, also a first. I hadn't appreciated the difficulties of placing someone's precious items into a pleasing composition. I couldn't add a little something to pep things up as obviously my things have no place in the mix!

Kirkcudbright Art and Craft Trail commences next Friday 31st July, I have a million and one things to do, to prepare for the four day event. This year I am showing my work , not in my own studio and garden , as in previous years but in my marquee in the centre of town. I'll keep you informed of my progress.....

No comments:

Post a Comment