Sunday 24 November 2013

Oil Painting Workshop Review

What a great group of artists attended my one day oil painting workshop yesterday! Three were Life Drawing Group devotees plus three new faces!I set up the hall on Friday evening - it was like moving house! I had to write a HUGE list, then tick off as I loaded the car. It only took an hour to set up - at least 3 times that to gather everything together and get the car ready!
I supplied everything, they just had to turn up! Then the hard work began! We were using Winsor and Newton Artisan Water Mixable Oils with their Quick Drying Medium, painting small still life pieces! Commencing with a simple subject in the morning, the lad and lassies chose from a selection of still life items I had brought along.
We had a warming lunch, interspersed with stories and laughter. The mood was more serious in the afternoon, deep in concentration, most having started a second piece. Colour mixing with a limited palette was new to all but they were keen to learn as much as they could. I really appreciated everyone's help, clearing up at the end of the day. See the gang above. I couldn't have asked for a nicer bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment