Wednesday 25 June 2014

Zorn Lesson

I attended a Zorn Limited Palette one day workshop with Euan McClure the runner up of UKs Portrait Artist of the Year 2013!
I had never owned a tube of black paint, never mind painted with the stuff! I felt like a fraud even going into the shop to buy it!
Boy, you make the most beautiful natural skin tones with this palette! No more tan- tastic skin on my life sketches!
There just wasn't enough time to finish our pieces!


Check out Euan's portraits and his still life paintings are just as good!

2 comments:

  1. Black does a lot more than skin tones, too. Mix it with varying amounts of yellow and you will get some very nice greens that will look good in a landscape. Add a touch of white to this mix and lighten the tone for some distance greens. A good black is a great thing to have on your palette, no matter what anyone else says.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really interesting Dave, I liked the way the tutor got us
    Purists to mix black into our colours from the get go so we couldn't hold back, it was in there! I must admit, I loved the greens.

    ReplyDelete