Saturday 18 January 2014

Day Eighteen - The Last of the Magentas

Meet the family Magenta, Daddy Magenta, Mummy Magenta and baby Magenta...... You wonder why this is my last painting of magenta carnations.....
I started this one yesterday. I had ordered new brushes from Rosemary and Co. They arrived in the morning, so thought I'd try them out and get ahead of myself... They are gorgeous brushes but are such good quality that they hold a lot of paint, much more than my usual brushes, I struggled applying the paint! By 4pm I was growling at the board with frustration, so decided to call it a day!!
I got on a lot better this morning and am loving the new brushes. I am told they will last me for years, here's hoping!
8" square oil on board, incl UK postage £135

12 comments:

  1. Lovely painting. I like the composition and the way you have added colour on the monochromatic background. What size is this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Marion, this one is 8inch square. I have been using 6inch square for the others, except the diggers. I though as I was using new slightly bigger brushes I'd best move a size this time. Thanks for visiting my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely carnations; great background for them too. I admire your glass work as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mimi, I love painting glass, my favourite thing for the moment!!! Once all the flowers are back in the garden, they will become my favourite again!

      Delete
  4. These magenta's are lively. They look like they are having a pleasant conversation. Would you share more about the brushes? I am getting tired of the cheap ones that don't hold up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will do another post this evening with all the details on the brushes, you will love them. They are just so luxurious but at a really affordable price!

      Delete
  5. Love these magenta paintings and the way you do your glass and backgrounds. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I am enjoying this challenge much better than last Jan!I feel by doing the challenge last time, my confidence improved, I was making better decisions all year. So starting this year with greater confidence, I hope I will improve in other areas this time round.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful painting. The glass has a very realistic feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Annaig and thank you too for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  7. Lovely painting - I loved the dusky pinky color of the flower and the way you've painted the glass is lovely too. :)
    http://saundersartistblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much Guin, I enjoyed painting it but will very trying something different day nineteen! thank you for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete