Sunday 19 January 2014

Day Nineteen - Cherry Chums

Struggled with this one, feeling tired today - it's nearly a week since I had my last "off" day, so maybe this is how it is going to go. I can't say I feel really tired but just not myself and feeling cold!!!
I love painting cherries but I am just not feeling the lo-ove!! Sorry wee cherries, better luck tomorrow, hopefully!
6" oil on board incl UK postage £110

My new specs are much bigger than I have had since needing varifocal lenses and I find I have even more of a problem drawing a straight line! My horizons are well off and I can't say I am always veering up or down, but they are certainly not straight!! I had thought for years that my problem was being left handed but I read in one of Ken Howard's book that varifocals are the problem!!! If the eminent Ken says this is so, who I am to argue!!

9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, so glad you like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since getting bi-focals all the rulers appear curved until I set them on a table. My horizons are off and I blamed it on being right handed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Sandra that did make me laugh! I kept asking artists who were right handed if their horizons sloped off on any particular direction......to see if it was the opposite of mine!! I realise now I slope off either end!

      Delete
  3. Exquisite - love the design as well as the way you painted it. Even the shadow is perfect !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am having fun with design this January, having a bit more confidence, thank you. how did your demo go?

      Delete
    2. Hard to tell - for me anyway. Not my best but certainly not my worst. Thanks for asking.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Laura, thank you also for visiting my blog

      Delete