Saturday 25 January 2014

Day Twenty - Five - Something for my Other Eye (Aye)

This is a little painting of the rest of the carrots my husband brought home. Now I've completed the two paintings I can now eat them over the weekend!
It has been fun mixing orange, I think I have only used the colour in one painting, before acquiring the carrots, and even then, just a tiny amount!
6"oil on board incl UK postage £110

I read in our local paper this week, that we will be having farmers' markets once a month, starting in March - can't wait, think of all the still life possibilities!!

2 comments:

  1. You've got the colour just right, avoiding the temptation to go too bright. The green of the foliage is spot on too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you mo! I find orange coloured things quite difficult at times! I work with a very limited palette too.

      Delete