Sunday 12 January 2014

Day Twelve - Orange and Lemon Reflection

This hasn't photographed well, my colours are a little more subdued but I took the photos after dark, so under fleurescent lights.
I bought this coffee pot at a car boot sale in the summer - it reminds me so much of the 70s when enamelled pots and pans were everywhere. 
6"x6" Oil on board, incl UK postage £110
I have struggled doing this still life on a small 6" square board - my brushes weren't small enough! I use flats all the time, so I just ladled the paint on and tried to get the shape with the edge of my brush.
I probably didn't need the tangerine and glass in the painting but I was having glass withdrawal!!

6 comments:

  1. You tackled it well, nice thick strokes. Nice to see that you created new small mark making with a bigger brush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly, this is how I WANT to paint but it only happens every 2 or 3 paintings! One tight, one not.....

      Delete
  2. I think the tangerine is essential, without it we wouldn't have those marvelous spots of reflections! Just rediscovered your blog and will be back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Anne and also thank you for returning!

      Delete
  3. Oh, this is wonderful! The glass, the metal, the reflections, the unity of the color of the pot in every one of these!!! This whole painting just sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Donna,, hope you are enjoying the 30/30!

      Delete